Friday, January 30, 2009

you only turn 21 once...why not do it in India?

etka, me, stefan, neha, ozzy, george, adi, karin, eva
sam being a goof

the girls


bday cake



me and andrew at dinner :)

So how many people can say that they spent their 21st birthday in INDIA!?! Not only that, but how many people ever REMEMBER their 21st birthday! Im willing to guess its very few for both of those questions! But I sit here at 3am recalling the events of my day in India! So this morning Dr. Rao came and picked me up to tour the Dream a Dream NGO and he brought me flowers! The tour went well, and I may end up spending my time playing soccer with kids, and teaching crafts to enhance life skills! I have one more NGO to see but Dream a Dream is looking very appealing at this point! After my meeting with the NGO I went shopping. I bought myself a few things here and there, but spent most of my time perusing. I decided that for my birthday I would treat myself to an American lunch and dinner so I stoped into a McDonalds for lunch--it was quite the experience...since McDonalds can't serve beef they make up for it with other random foods--for example I had the Veg-Pizza-McPuff. This is a 4" pizza roll. It was pretty good! I even treated myself to a soda (which I have been craving!) I ended up canceling dinner at Hard Rock (even though I had invited a bunch of people) because as I learned that in India when its YOUR birthday you treat everyone. Seeing as I didnt have enough money to treat 12-15 people to Hard Rock I just ended up canceling it. Instead Mrs. Kutty and I went for tea and cake...she bought me a shirt and necklace which was very thoughtful. After tea I got cleaned up for the night and Andrew and I headed to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. He's still a bit ill so he didnt go to Shiros with us after. I went to Shiros where I brought a cake to share with everyone (so I didnt have to pay for everyone) but I still ended up buying apetizers for everyone as well....o well, when in India I guess! And that was my day...very enjoyable and fun! Not a long post, but def. a good way to spend my 21st! My thanks for all the Happy Birthday Wishes, and I wish you all were here with me to help celebrate! I love you all!





<3>





Rebecca Ann

1 comment:

  1. FUN!!!! you know what you will never forget your birthday! I'm glad you had fun! The big question I have is, was the coke there better than the us?

    ReplyDelete