Tuesday, January 27, 2009

my friend rant

So let me first state that Ive made two different group of friends: One group I call my Hostel Girls...this group includes only 2 girls from my hostel and all of their European friends....but its easier to just call my my hostel girls. These girls I go shopping with and to clubs....and let me clear the fact that when I say club I am meaning a resteraunt with a very cool and modern atmosphere with no dancing and very loud music....pretty much a pimped up apple bees.
The second group I call my Indian friends...this should be pretty self explainatory. This group consists of me, one other other girl named Neha and about 10 guys. All of the guys within this group refuse to call me Rebecca or even Becca. They first started calling me Britney because they thought I looked like Britney Spears, but then a few of the guys argued with that because I didn't. Finally one pointed out my resemblance to Drew Barrymore and all 10 agreed with that, and now strictly call me Drew. To be rowdy they will even yell at people staring at me that Im Drew Barrymore and they can pay $5,000 ruppees for an autograph. But in all reality these guys are some of the most protective guy friends I have ever had. If we are hanging out somewhere and other Indian guys even look at me in a way they dont like they will say "lets bounce, I don't like they way they are looking at Drew" and take me to a resteraunt that they consider safer.
It makes me wonder how I could be so blessed to not only have the best friends back home, but that I would be lucky enough to come to a foreign place, and not even an entire week into the trip make some solid friends with whom I feel completly comfortable calling anytime (and if I were ever in trouble.)
Walking away from the faces of people I know, and love, and feel comfortable with was one of the hardest things I have ever done...but knowing that I would be back in only 4 months helped ease the pain. So I sit here now wanting you all to know that I love you so very much, and Im so thankful to have some of the best, and most loyal friends anyone could ever ask for! Being away is still an adventure but Im starting to realize how TRULY blessed I am, and perhaps will be less inclined to take your friendship for granted. So this is my thank you to all of you....thank you for being loyal, and loving and forgiving, and esp. now supportive! Its good to know that my absence is noticed and that I am missed by all of you all. I want you all to know that I miss you so much BUT I will be home (God willing) in 109 days...yes you can start counting down the days! I hope to give you all very smelly hugs and have bunches of pictures, video and stories for you all. In return I hope to hear a bunch of very good stories that I missed out on while making my own. So dont forget a single detail, and I'll try not to either! I love you, and thank God for you all in my life. I miss you and will see you soon(ish)! with all my love,
rebecca ann aka drew

1 comment:

  1. I'll just assume that we are loved by you and that you know we love you----that's why your family wasn't mentioned in this latest blog!!!! If that's not true, try to let us down easy, ok? Love ya

    ReplyDelete