Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Great Panty Party 2009 (india edition!)

PANTIES!!!!
journal entry 2.18.2009--
First of all I just want to say I LEAVE FOR GOA TMRW!!!! Im super-stoked. A beach vacation sounds perfect right about now. A change of pace may just be a good thing for me. Ive been running constantly and am kind of afraid that Im going to run myself sick (bad habit of mine).

Anways my uncle Chris is in town!!! We hung out Sun. and Mon. and its been so refreshing having not only Americans around, but family. Sunday Chris and his coworker Rodell (sp?) picked ANdrew and I up early morning and we went to Barnghetta National Reserve which is a safari type place. It was pretty cool: we saw native deer, bears, lions, and tigers....Oh and also monkeys and elephants!

After that we went out for lunch: Chris, me, Andrew, Rodell, Vishnu, Krishna (and his wife). I insisted that Chris try my favorite Indian dish-- Masala Dhosa. Even Rodell (who is super cautious about Indian food tried it) and it was a hit! Overall it was an extremly enjoyable day!

Ok so sidestory: So after reading my last post, my dad felt touched and humbled (just as I had) about the girls mere # of underware. From what I understand he contacted my uncle chris and his wife (my aunt susan) to see what the possibilities of sending some underware for the girls might be. My aunt susan and uncle chris (also touched by the story) decided to help buy underware and filled an entire suitcase with girls panties. (I kinda wish my uncle had gotten stopped in the airport and questioned as to why he had an entire suitcase filled with three hundred some panties which woulda made this amazing story quite funny!) I had NO idea of all of this until Chris showed up at my hostel with the suitcase. I was so overwhelmed and just completly awed! Its funny how god moves hearts...its funny how this trip to India is not about just me and my heart but ALL the lives of people who have been touched by this trip, all those who are praying and all those who supported this trip. Taking a step back tgo observe the grander scheme of things litterally takes my breath away.

Anyways Monday I invited Chris and Rodell to go to the orphanage and help distribute panties. It was a lot of fun! We called it the panty party of 2009 (India edt.) The girls were really shy around the guys at first, but once they whipped out their cameras, all shyness disappeared! The girls called them 'uncles' and it was absolutly adorable! To see 2 grown men surrounded by 100 innocent, curious girls was a sight I will not soon forget. During tea time we handed out the underware. The girls were all super excited about their panties and I just wish my dad and aunt susan could've experienced the girls' joy and seen their smiles. It was beautiful!!!

Anyways besides that I've been super busy with school/friends/work and apologize for the delay in updating this blog! Tmrw Andrew and I are catching our plane for GOA!!! WOO HOO! That's all for now!

much love,

me

No comments:

Post a Comment